Child Dental Benefit Schedule
What it is?
A medicare government scheme aimed at trying to help at risk Australian kids. It allows a $1000 grant every two years for an eligible child aged between 2 - 17 years old. It covers check ups, cleans, fluoride, fissure sealants, fillings and extractions.
Who is eligible?
You can get the benefits for your child if:
- you're their parent or guardian, or
- you're an approved care organisation, and
- gets one of the following eligible payments for at least 1 day of the calendar year:
- Family Tax Benefit Part A
- Carer Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- Financial assistance under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) if the child is 16 years or older, or
- Financial assistance under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme if the child is 16 or older
In some circumstances, teenagers who have a partner that get a payment from us may also be eligible to get the benefits.
It is important to note that your eligibility can change at the start or during the year and needs to be checked before every visit! Make sure you inform our friendly staff that you're using the CDBS scheme for your child prior to the apppointment.
Please get in contact with us by filling in the form below or call us to find out if your child is eligible.