Otherwise known as bad breath. You may be surprised to learn it’s one of the most frequent patient complaints. But here at The Northside Dentist there’s no need to feel embarrassed.
For the majority of us bad breath can be put down to the presence of plaque, however food trapping, decay, gum disease, sinus/throat infection, dry mouth/dehydration and acid reflux can be major players too.
During our consultation we will discuss the reasons for halitosis and undertake a thorough exam to find any causative factors. After that we will put together a plan to eradicate and prevent this nasty pong.
A few quick tips:
- Brush your teeth two times a day, spending two minutes each time.
- Brush in a methodical way to ensure you’ve not missed any spots.
- Floss daily. It’s a cliché but if you ever wanted to check if flossing works then smell the floss after you’ve used it. Yuck.
- Brush your tongue daily – it’s a harbour for smelly bacteria.
- Stay hydrated through the day with regular sips of water from your reusable drinks bottle.
- Attend The Northside Dentist every 6 months to remove any plaque/bacteria you may be missing.